Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The B-I-B-L-E, yes, that's the book for me!

I remember singing that song in my Bible school days as a child. That and "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!"

I've always believed in God. I never doubted Him. I went to church regularly as a child--pretty much all the time when I lived at home. But I've really slacked since I've gotten married.

I've never really read the Bible. Sure, I took it with me to Sunday school class and we'd look up scriptures. But as far as sitting down and actually reading it? I haven't. That's not something I'm proud of, as I'm nearly 30 years old.

So, one of my goals is to read the Bible for at least 15 minutes per day. I'm reading the Seek Find Bible--a gift from my aunt and uncle. It's written in contemporary English, so it makes comprehension much easier.


So far, I'm really enjoying it! I'm still on Genesis (obviously), but I've learned something new each day. Can't wait to keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment