Friday, January 20, 2012

Kung Pao Pork

Yes... another one for Week 3! Except I didn't do the cooking this time. It was Chad.

I'd bought a pound of Boston butt pork steak at the grocery store. I had no idea how to cook it--but it was cheap so I thought we'd give it a try. I looked up some recipes that included grilling it with some basic seasoning. I'd planned on doing that, but Chad had something else in mind.

He used soy sauce, Kung Pao sauce, and pepper.


He marinated it in the fridge for a few hours.


He cut off a LOT of fat and bone--seriously. Like probably 75% of it was no good. He put the rest in a skillet with some oil and cooked it. He also made some white rice.

It looked good!


But this was definitely not my favorite meal. The flavor was good, but the meat was all wrong. I'm pretty sure it's because of the kind of pork it was. No wonder it was so cheap. This meal would've been tasty if I'd bought a higher quality cut of pork.

I love my husband for cooking, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment