Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders

Okay, this meal was a disaster. Ick, ick, ick.

We attempted to make Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders. I'd bought some lemon pepper flavored panko bread crumbs at the grocery store. I love lemon pepper chicken from Cheddar's, so I thought I'd like this, too. Wrong!

The first problem was that the chicken didn't thaw all the way. We'd had it in the fridge for at least 36 hours--but it still had some frozen spots. Of course I didn't realize this until after I had all the other ingredients measured out. Chad had said it was thawed, but he was wrong! After running a little bit of cold water over it, I thought it was ready.

I had three bowls--flour, egg, and the panko bread crumbs. I followed the directions on the box and rolled the chicken in each ingredient as specified (flour first, then egg, then panko.) This part was disgusting. I just hate touching raw meat!

I finally finished and put the tenders in a greased baking dish. I baked them at 375 for about 30 minutes. Here's the result.


We also had some green beans and mashed potatoes.


The verdict? I didn't like it at all! The lemon pepper panko was too strong. Plus, I am SO particular about my chicken. I was convinced it wasn't cooked all the way through, so I put some of it back in the oven. That made it even more disgusting.

I couldn't even eat one piece of it. I did like the crunch of the panko, but that's about it. I have some plain, so I'll try that some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment