Saturday, January 14, 2012

S'mores Brownies

I didn't get around to baking two different things this week, but what I did bake was absolutely delicious! Behold--S'mores brownies!

Here are my ingredients. I wasn't paying attention and picked up the Mocha Fudge brownie mix. Regular chocolate would be fine, too.


The smartest thing I did was using butter to grease my glass baking dish. I usually use Pam cooking spray and it leaves a disgusting, oily film. The butter had a much better taste!


I put a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan. Notice how I had to break apart a few crackers to fit around the edges.


I mixed the brownie mix according to the directions on the box. I added an extra egg for "cake-like" brownies. The mix smelled amazing! I think it was the mocha flavor coming out.


I stirred, and stirred, and stirred. I couldn't get all the little lumps and air bubbles out, but that's okay.


I poured my brownie mix on top of the graham crackers. The directions said to bake between 28-31 minutes (I think.) I decided to bake for 27 minutes so the brownies wouldn't burn after I added the additional toppings.


Here's what I got after 27 minutes baking time.


I added some large marshmallows--20 to be exact. I tried to spread them apart evenly. I put them in the oven for 3 minutes.


I mashed the marshmallows down with a spoon, then sprinkled some chocolate chips on top. I put them back in the oven for 2 minutes.



I put the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes to toast the marshmallows. I watched them carefully--I didn't want them to burn! I think I got them just right.


I'd mashed up some graham crackers in a baggie while the brownies were baking.


I sprinkled those on top. Not the prettiest look, but oh-so-tasty!


I let them cool for about 25 minutes--that was hard because they smelled so wonderful!



Time for the moment of truth. I cut into the ooey-gooey awesomeness. Look how the graham crackers came up from the bottom during baking!


They were super moist. The mocha flavor was amazing. The marshmallows were just right. YUM!


My only complaint? They were super sticky and hard to cut because the marshmallows got stuck to the knife so easily. No problemo, though. I scraped it off with a spoon. Next time I could space the marshmallows out far enough so I'd only have to cut into the brownie when dishing out individual servings.

Chad doesn't like brownies--he says they give him indigestion. Pssh. He did taste them, though. I took about half of them to my mom and dad. I didn't want to be stuck with the whole pan because I knew I would eat them all! Plus, I'm just a nice daughter like that.

Overall, I'd definitely make these again. There are so many variations I could do--add some nuts, use peanut butter or butterscotch chips, garnish with Golden Graham cereal and Hershey's bars--lots of possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment